AirtelTigo eSIM Service is a SIM provision (network profile) that is installed onto any eSIM enabled device such as smartphones. With an eSIM in your smartphone, you can link multiple profiles to a single device. You can switch network providers without swapping physical SIM cards. Dual SIM phones can use both a physical SIM and an eSIM to support the use of two or more numbers.
-- How to get your eSIM to work on AirtelTigo
Visit any AirtelTigo customer service shop to acquire your eSIM.
You will register and get a unique QR code. You will then scan this QR code to activate the eSIM, and depending on your device, proceed as follows.
-- To activate your eSIM on an Android smartphone.
1. Choose “settings”, then “connections”
2. Choose “SIM card manager” and then select “add eSIM plan”.
3. Choose “add using the QR code” and then scan your unique QR code.
4. In the event where you have challenges downloading with the QR code, there’s an option for activation code which will be sent to your mail.
-- To activate your eSIM on an Apple smartphone
1. Go to settings, then choose “mobile data”
2. Select “add eSIM” and then scan the activation QR code
3. Confirm cellular plan, accept final prompts, and choose “default line”.
4. In the event where you have challenges downloading with the QR code, there’s an option to enter the following information manually. (Activation code SM-DP+ Address)
5. Go to default line and “choose secondary”
6. iMessage and Facetime, “choose secondary”
7. Cellular data, “choose secondary”